1. I have lived in Florida, Colorado (briefly), and California.
2. I have taken flying lessons and flew a plane over the Pacific Ocean to Catalina Island at sunset--a truly amazing experience.
3. When I was 8 I wanted to play Little League Baseball but couldn't because I'm a girl. I'm glad times have changed.
4. My childhood dream was to pitch for the Boston Red Sox but couldn't because I'm a girl. I wish times would change.
5. I am in my final year of a 3 year Lay Ministry program through the United Church of Christ.
6. I have a cousin who is in a rock band, Carbon Leaf--they're great--check them out. My cousin is the lead guitarist, Terry Clark.
7. I am married to Mama Drama, and we have fostered 25 children so far and have adopted one.
8. We have a 21 year old biological son.
9. I love to sing.
10. I have always wanted to play the guitar but get frustrated that I don't immediately sound like the Indigo Girls.
11. I think the "High School Musical" movies are fabulous!
12. When I was 10 months old I fell off a rocking horse and landed on a radiator. The whole side of my face was burned and I have had 10 surgeries to repair the damage.
13. I love my job, especially being able to impact kids' lives in a positive way.
14. Kids don't get to be kids long enough anymore and I don't think that's fair.
15. I love our house but hate our driveway--especially in the winter.
16. I love technology and think my iPhone is the coolest.
17. When I was a kid, baseball ruled and the neighborhood kids would play everyday in the field. In order to make our field more official, I used to take the baking flour from our kitchen to line the field. My mother wasn't all that happy but we felt pretty cool!
18. My favorite hobby is photography and have more than 45 photo albums.
19. My favorite music is Christmas music--especially non-traditional arrangements of traditional hymns--and have more than 50 CDs.
20. I love to read and am into historical fiction lately and anything to do with church conspiracy ("Da Vinci Code" type) and the Middle Ages.
21. I love to exercise but haven't found a way to fit it into my world on a regular basis.
22. I love movies. Some of my favorites are "Gone With the Wind," "Wizard of Oz," and "Twelve Angry Men."
23. My favorite line from a movie is, "There's no crying in baseball!" Delivered by Tom Hanks in "A League of Their Own."
24. I wish I had been able to try out as an extra in "A League of Their Own."
25. My other favorite line from a movie is, "Please by all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me." Delivered by Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada."
26. I wish I had taken dance lessons as a child.
27. I love this country but think we've strayed from our core principles of justice, domestic tranquility, common defense, general welfare, and the blessings of liberty.
28. The more I study the Bible and Christianity the more questions I have.
29. Like am I really a Humanist?
30. I hiked to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite and dangled my feet over the edge.
31. I have visited Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion Canyon, Yellowstone, Grant Tetons, and Acadia National Parks and would love to go again with Bobby and Alex.
32. I love the ocean.
33. And I love the mountains.
35. My favorite city is Washington, DC.
36. I am the middle child between two brothers.
37. I grew up in small college town in the East.
38. I won my first (and last) tennis trophy at 8 years old.
39. I am a Deputy Sheriff.
40. I have been to Mexico, Canada and Protugal.