Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Great Vacation!


Well, our semi child-free week in VT will soon be coming to an end. Work, appointments, reality will soon be here.


The Mamma and I had a fine time doing a whole lot of nothing--especially not planning and preparing meals! It's not like we didn't eat--fear not--we just had a more leisurely approach. My favorite meal was corn on the cob and watermelon followed by ice cream. If it helps any, we walked to the ice cream stand.
















Mamma experimented with her new sewing machine....

I rewatched Season 1 of "West Wing."


We spent some nice time with our oldest, bought a new area rug for the Family Room, looked at new linolium for the kitchen, test drove a 2010 Dodge Caravan, napped, read, and puttered. Last night we had dinner with some friends, went to a "parade" in town then to a band concert.


Today, I may buy a kayak!

But the best part was spending quiet, alone time with the Mamma and reconnecting in simple yet very important ways. And, we get to do it all again next week!









3 comments:

  1. It really has been the very best vacation - no stress. No worries. No list of things to do, places to go, people to see. Just good food, good naps and good books. My favorites. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like wonderful time together. I adore a meal of corn on the cob and watermelon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds sooo wonderful. I felt relaxed just reading about your vacation. I am so glad you got a well-deserved rest!

    ReplyDelete