Saturday, February 19, 2011

Orlando Theme Song

I was listening to some old Michael W. Smith music the other day and the lyrics to "I Will Be Here for You" struck me as what our retreat in Orlando is about.   We, who parent traumatized children, will be coming together to relax and rejuvenate.  To share our heartaches, loneliness, joys, frustrations and successes.  We will be surrounded by others who understand US and our families. 

We have all somehow found each other and will be spending three shame-free and guilt-free days soaking up each others' wisdom, humor and love.  We will be each others' shelter.

I Will Be Here for You

(Michael W. Smith / Diane Warren)

When you feel the sunlight
Fade into the cold night
Don't know where to turn
I don't know where to turn
And all the dreams you're dreaming
Seem to lose their meaning
Let me in your world
Baby, let me in your world
All you need is someone you can hold
Don't be sad, you're not alone

Chorus:
I will be here for you
Somewhere in the night
Somewhere in the night
I'll shine a light for you
Somewhere in the night
I'll be standing by
I will be here for you

In this world of strangers
Of cold, unfriendly faces
Someone you can trust
Oh there's someone you can trust
I will be your shelter
I'll give you my shoulder
Just reach out for my love
Reach out for my love
Call my name and my heart will hear you
I will be there, there's nothing to fear

(My apologies if the video is out of sync--the best I could find on youtube.)

1 comment:

  1. Great song! I'll only be there Sunday, but I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete