Saturday, September 25, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day 20: A Hobby of Yours

My favorite hobby is photography.  I love to photograph my kids and nature.  I got my first camera, a Pentax K1000, in 1977 (my freshman year in college) as a Christmas gift.  My younger brother had taken a photography class in high school and my Dad converted the basement bathroom into a darkroom.  I wasn't much into the developing end of phtotography but appreciated the cool stuff my brother did.  I tried his camera out and loved the ability to set the shutter speeds and apeture settings to get different effects and results.  I still have the camera and use it occasionally but mostly shoot with a Canon EOS SLR--still prefer using film.  Mama gave me a great Canon digital this year for Christmas and love the convenience and the quality. 

In keeping with the season, here are some fall foliage shots. 




No comments:

Post a Comment